Name: Angela H. Woods
Leadership Charlotte (LC) Class: 21
Title/Company: COO, Crossnore Communities for Children
Hometown: Albany, GA
Education: BA Psychology, Spelman College | JD Law, University of Georgia School of Law | MBA Finance, Clark Atlanta University | Certified Professional Coach
1. If you could describe your Leadership Charlotte experience in three words or phrases, what would they be?
Comprehensive, Supportive, Connectedness
2. Favorite way to spend a weekend in Charlotte:
Spending time with my family, biking and walking with my besties; We love the Greenway, Pharr Mill Park and University YMCA areas
3. Greatest personal accomplishment and why:
Establishing an informal CEO/ED support network, particularly targeted towards African American female NPT leaders
4. What do you hope to be doing (differently) in five years?
I plan to be retired and a full time philanthropist and social venture investor
5. How has your life after Leadership Charlotte surprised you and why?
Sometime after completing Leadership Charlotte, I moved to other cities, Washington DC and Memphis before returning to Charlotte in 2014. In retrospect, it was the LC Charlotte model & experience that allowed me to connect & effectively engage in other Leadership city forums. I participated in Leadership Greater Washington and Leadership Memphis. The connections, the networks and the friendships developed have lasted and been sustained over many many years- and that was an unexpected but wonderful outcome.