Name: Patrick Diamond
Leadership Charlotte (LC) Class: LC9
Title/Company: Development Director – Center for Community Transitions
Hometown: Frog Town, South Carolina
Education: Graduate & undergraduate degrees from Boston University
1. If you could describe your Leadership Charlotte, what would it be?
My LC experience provided me an extraordinary opportunity to become familiar with our city’s governmental operations and many of its most dynamic citizens.
2. What advice that you would you give to current Leadership Charlotte participants?
Make time and find ways to offer your talents to our non-profit organizations.
3. What’s a lesson that you learned through LC that has stuck with you and why?
The primary lesson that I took from my LC experience was that Charlotte is an extremely welcoming city and if LC participants have an interest in getting involved in the life of community just raise your hand and volunteer with non-profit and civic organizations.
4. How do you use your Leadership Charlotte experience today?
I have thoroughly enjoyed being able to be involved with a number of important non-profit organizations that help to make Charlotte a truly great community to be a part of.
5. Favorite way to spend a weekend in Charlotte:
I love the increasingly dynamic art scene that’s developing in our city, pre-covid, I loved visiting our cultural facilities and art galleries.
6. Favorite nonprofit or community organization in Charlotte and why:
Center for Community Transitions, for nearly 50 years the non-profit has been assisting women, men and families affected by incarceration. Included in the services offered are employment training, housing, health screenings and family reunification.