Name: Rev. Greg Brown
Leadership Charlotte (LC) Class: 41
Title/Company: Rector/Lead Pastor, Holy Comforter Episcopal Church
Hometown: Kalamazoo, Michigan
Education: B.S. in Biology, Michigan State University, with Teaching Certification
Masters in Divinity, The General Theological Seminary, New York, NY
Current personal or leadership goals: Translate/transmit leadership lessons from LC to my church staff; to identify and equip leaders within the church.
1. What advice that you would you give to current Leadership Charlotte participants? Take advantage of spare moments to get to know your classmates better, and schedule time with them outside of program days to move your relationships forward at a greater pace than the program days allow.
2. What program day stands out in your memory and why? Education Day. Whitney was right, children are our future… there is so much to be done, and YOU can do something about it. Volunteer in a school. Sustainability is not just about environment, but also about education.
3. Favorite way to spend a weekend in Charlotte: Taking a long walk and eating in a restaurant this is not part of a chain.
4. Favorite nonprofit or community organization in Charlotte and why: Holy Comforter Episcopal Church in Dilworth. Real people who welcome any other real people right where they are and solving real problems by serving their neighbors and loving it.
5. What do you hope to be doing (differently) in five years? I hope to see the leaders that I am trying to identify, equip, and empower raising up leaders of their own for the next generation.